Custom split ortholinear-ish keyboard
How to use ATmega16U2 on an Arduino as HID keyboard
To enable keyboard functionality
- Upload sketch normally
- Enter DFU mode by shorting the two header pins closest to USB port
- Select ATmega16U2 in FLIP
- Open USB communication
- Flash keyboard hex
- Replug USB cable
To edit sketch
In case of "AtJnilsp Message - AtLibUsbDfu.dll not found"
This means we need to manually install a driver. This video shows you how to do this.
In case the video is unavailable, here's a summary:
- Make sure you're in DFU mode by shorting the two header pins closest to the USB pornt
- In Device Manager, find your Arduino, listed as an unknown device.
- Click to update it's drivers, and choose to browse your computer for the driver.
- Navigate to the folder "usb" in the Flip installation folder, usually located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb"
- Choose the driver "atmel_usb_dfu.inf" and click to install it